Hey guys! I have a quick post for you guys today. Many of my regular readers are also bloggers, so I’m sure a lot of you guys can relate to this list I put together of the things I never thought I would be doing before I started a Beauty Blog! Feel free to do your own version of this post and tag me so I can read what you guys never though you’d do!
10 Things I Never Thought I’d Do Before Starting
A Beauty Blog
- Constantly Have Makeup Swatched On The Back Of My Hand I noticed that this was becoming a constant when I went to get my hair done one day and my stylist commented on the eyeliner smudges on my hand.
- Having A Drawer Full Of “Empties” When I first started my blog I noticed all the empties posts out there on the wordpress reader. I thought it was silly to hold onto empty containers for months at a time, but I realized later that it provided a good opportunity to share my thoughts on a product without writing a full review and it also motivates me to use up my stash!
- Buy Something For The Sake Of A Blog Post In my daily life I’m rather frugal. I price compare everything at the supermarket before deciding what to buy and I often need to be talked into making important purchases. After starting this blog though I found myself thinking “But I need this, it’s for the blog!“
- Spend Hours Arranging The Perfect Flatlay Flatlays can be so frustrating! The best ones always look like someone just dumped out a bag of stuff and it landed perfectly, kind of messy and yet stylistic. I had such a hard time with round products rolling until Tigritsa told me she uses tape to hold her flatlays in place! LIFE CHANGING I tell you!
- Become Obsessed With The Latest Releases I was never a girl who followed beauty releases, and I had no idea how to manoeuvre Sephora until this past year. Now I’m always checking out what’s new, though I rarely buy new releases right away.
- Constantly be on the look out for photo ops! I began trying to step up my instagram game about two months ago by featuring photos that don’t make an appearance on my blog. Now I’m always looking for the perfect shot in the back of my mind.
- Have Literally A Month’s Worth Of Posts Scheduled At A Time When I started this blog I would post maybe once a week or two. In 2017 I stepped up my game and started posting 3-4 times a week, MWF and occasionally Sundays. Many of you know that I’m in Peru right now but I wanted to keep my posting schedule consistent while away. I spent hours and hours writing and brainstorming content, taking photos, editing them, and scheduling my posts for while I’m away, which really proved to myself just how committed I am to Always Cleia!
- Have more than one makeup bag Until I started this blog I literally had one makeup bag that held all my makeup. Since starting this blog I now have two little boxes full of makeup, as well as over ten makeup bags to hold it all (thanks Ipsy!).
- Wear Mascara This may seem strange to a lot of you, but I NEVER wore mascara growing up. I was perfectly happy with mascara free eyelashes throughout high school and university. I didn’t even wear mascara for my wedding, I requested that my makeup artist didn’t put any on me! Since collecting so many minis through beauty subscriptions I feel like I kind of have to use it now. It’s a daily addition to my beauty routine now but I’m comfortable without mascara or falises to complete a look.
- Make Friends! I saved the best for last. I originally thought that starting a blog would be this detached thing that I could do from behind a computer screen, but the blogging community turned out to be this great, awesome thing where I could make connections with people all over the world. I love getting to share the side of me that loves all things beauty with people that share the same interests and get to know a lot of you from reading your blog posts and commenting back and forth. There are many of you that I feel like I know personally even though we have never met and live in different time zones!
For my blogging readers, what did you never think you’d do before starting your blog? Do any of these sound familiar?
Thanks so much for reading guys, I love being on vacation but I’m also looking forward to get back to the grind and write some new blog posts! Remember to like & subscribe if you are a new reader! I’m on Instagram & Twitter — Comment your usernames below and I’ll follow you back <3