Hello everyone, today is a different kind of post, and an exciting one for me. Madeleine from Maddaboutbeauty has nominated me for a Liebster award! I’ve seen these floating around in the wordpress reader, but I never thought that I’d get nominated for one. Thank you so much Madeleine!
What it is: The Liebster award is meant to show appreciation for the content of bloggers with under 1000 followers and spread the love to other bloggers! Basically for bloggers by bloggers.
1. Thank and link to the blog of the person who nominates you
2. Answer the questions asked by who ever nominates you
3. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 5-11 bloggers with under 1000 followers who you feel deserve the award.
5. Create a set of 11 questions for your nominees to answer
6. Link your nominees to this post to let them know they are nominated.
I tend to read all things beauty and subscription box related and these ladies have gorgeous posts, reviews, and photos. If you have a chance definitely check out their blogs!! (:
My (random) questions for my nominees:
1. How long have you been blogging for?
2. Do you have a blogging schedule?
3. Do you subscribe to any subscription or beauty boxes and if so what’s your favorite?
4. Are you more of a coffee or a tea person (or neither)?
5. What’s your favorite thing to do on a day off?
6. Do you have a favorite book and if so what is it?
7. What’s something you can’t live without in your skincare/makeup routine?
8. Choose one: Twitter or Instagram?
9.If you could go anywhere where would it be and why?
10. What does a day off look like for you?
11. What’s your favorite music style?
Madeleine ‘s Questions For Me:
- How long have you been blogging, and what made you start?
- What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
- What was your first high end makeup purchase (if you have one)?
- If you listed one in the answer above, do you still use it today? If you don’t have one yet, which do you think your first will be?
- Where is your favorite place to be?
- Where is somewhere new you’d like to visit?
- Do you subscribe to any monthly subscription services? Which is your favorite and why?
- What is your favorite, ‘holygrail’ product?
- On a day off, or after a long week, what is something you just HAVE to do?
- What is one item in your skincare routine that you cannot be without?
1. I started blogging at the end of December 2015. It started because I was interested *cough* obsessed *cough* in subscription boxes and I wanted a way to share them with people who were interested in the same things as me. My cat Ion was getting into all of these subscription boxes and destroying the packaging, hence the cat in my blog name (:
2. Really I started blogging for fun and haven’t made a list of goals just yet. In the future I would like to make a post schedule for new content a few days a week, and maybe set up my own domain and hosting.
3. Hm.. first high end purchase. I don’t know if it counts but I bought my first Arbonne Primer for $50 a few years ago which was a big deal to me for the price because up until then I only bought drugstore brands.
4. I still do use the primer, I mainly use it to prime eye shadow.
5. My favorite place to be is Maui, with Radium hot springs in British Columbia a close second. Really anywhere tropical or with good hiking trails.
6. Lately I’ve been daydreaming about touring Italy. I really want to see Venice and find the church that was filmed as a library in the third Indiana Jones movie. Seriously.
7. I kind of rotate which boxes I am subscribed to each given month. For March I am subscribed to Ipsy, Topbox, and Tea Sparrow, and already have a list of what I’ll be subscribing to in the coming months.
8. Right now it’s my Benefit Cosmetics Bad Gal Lash Mascara. I was never a mascara girl, but I picked up a travel size of this one a few months ago and I don’t go a day without it now.
9. Something I have to do at the end of a long week is take a hot bubble bath with whatever fantasy novel I am currently reading. Currently it’s Cursor’s Fury, book three of Jim Butcher’s Codex Alera.
10. I love my Tea Tree face wash from the Body shop. I think it smells a little weird but it doesn’t dry out my skin and keeps my face from breaking out.
And lastly, 11 random facts about me:
1. I am not a morning person
2. I think Contigo coffee mugs are amazing. They never spill and I’m so accident prone and am around a lot of expensive electronics daily so they have saved my life a few times.
3. If you haven’t guessed already by my blog posts I am a crazy cat lady.
4. I am writing a fantasy novel
5. I am pro google and android
6. I paint my nails two to three times a week
7. I snowboard
8. I love online shopping but hate shopping in large crowded malls.
9. I have a two different musical diplomas: One in Jazz Guitar and the other in Recording Studio Arts.
10. I listen to pop music and heavy metal equally. I know, wtf right!?
11. My makeup routine takes about 20 minutes