Welcome back for another quick little review. This post is long overdue, I’ve been using my Aurora Eyeliner Pen since February and I’m only just writing about it now. It got me out of the habit of just using eyeshadow as an eyeliner. I love how soft eyeshadow can be but when I’m wanting to be a bit more dramatic or don’t have the time for a full face of makeup eyeliner pens are the way to go.
I ended up snagging this with Ipsy points as a bonus to my February Ipsy bag but this retails for $12US. It’s been on sale for months though at $7.99. Not bad huh?
Swatches! Please forgive my sad attempt at drawing a heart just for a minute here!!
- Rich pigmentation. This shade of black is actually pretty great!
- Long lasting, 8-12 hours of wear providing I’m not rubbing my eyes constantly or crying or something like that.
- Not water proof but it doesn’t smudge easily either
- Pen style is easy to use for beginners. It’s actually pretty difficult to make a mistake.
- Removes easily with regular eye makeup remover.
- Applying over eyeshadow after a few weeks will cause shadow to build up on the tip making it hard to apply evenly. I need to rub it against my arm or hand to get the product flowing again when this happens.
- WILL dry up if you don’t close the lid properly. Make sure you close it all the way!
- Tip doesn’t apply as well as the rest of the liner so it’s hard to flick up for a cat eye. I usually apply with the pen turned sideways to get a clean line.
My Rating: 4/5
I have yet to find the perfect eyeliner, but I prefer this $7.99 pen over my $30 Illamasqua liner so that says something. I wish eyeshadow didn’t cake up the pen, it can be a bit tedious to apply after while but I have been using this for four months pretty regularly so it may just be time for a new one.
Have you tried Aurora Cosmetics, and what’s your favourite eyeliner? Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this post please go on ahead and click that follow and like button, and also you can comment below! You can also find me at these links on Instagram & Twitter!