Recently I was nominated by Emma from The Rosy Perspective to participate in the beauty blogger tag! Check out her blog, she is the sweetest and I can tell she puts a lot of time into making her blog interesting and look beautiful so please give her blog some love! I meant to have this up earlier this week but I’ve unfortunately been under the weather for the past week and really didn’t have the energy. I’m back now! Here’s my answers to her questions:
- Which is the most important product in your skincare routine?
Sunscreen! I’m currently using Aveeno Hydrate + Protect with SPF 30 as a moisturizer. I never go out in the summer without SPF and this also makes a great base for my makeup.
- Do you have a favourite makeup brand and if so, which?
Benefit Cosmetics for a high end brand and e.l.f. for a budget friendly brand.
- What is your worst beauty habit?
Not contouring. I haven’t jumped on the band wagon yet, mostly because I just don’t have the time.
- Do you feel comfortable leaving your house without any makeup on?
Not really. As a minimum I like to at least cover dark circles under my eyes and any blemishes. I don’t need a full face of makeup at all times but I like to have the bases covered.
- How often do you wash your hair?
I wash my hair 4-5 times a week, corresponding with my workout schedule. After a workout I absolutely need to wash my hair to feel clean.
- What is the one hair care product you could not live without?
John Frieda conditioner. I hate when I stay in a hotel that only has 2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner! My hair gets coarse and full of tangles without proper conditioning.
- Do you have any special beauty tricks or beauty DIY that’s part of your regular routine?
I use Johnson’s baby shampoo to clean my makeup brushes. It’s a gentle formula and great for the budget. I try to save money where I can!
- Ponytail or messy bun?
Ponytail! My cat attacked my head the last time I tried a messy bun, I’m not even joking.
- Which do you focus more on when doing your makeup, eyes or lips?
Eyes. I definitely have a lot more going on with my eye makeup the majority of the time so it takes longer than my lipstick.
- Is there anything you wish you were better at when it comes to doing makeup?
Cat eyes! The wing is always wrong on one side or the lines are different thicknesses. I just can’t get the cat eye right.
Here are the bloggers I am “tagging” for the tag!
Aleeyaazimulla I love how she starts her posts with “hey beauties!”, it just makes me happy. Her recent Random Makeup Look post is beautiful!
Taylortalksxo I love her photos, and her product review choices are always right up my alley!
Here’s my questions for you if you so decide to do this tag!
1. If you could only use one lip product for a year what would it be?
2. How many steps are in your skincare routine?
3. Do you have a favourite eyeshadow palette?
4. Bold eyes or bold lips?
5. Drugstore or High End?
6. Would you rather do your makeup or your hair?
7. Do you have a favorite brand?
8. What’s your favourite type of beauty post to write?
9. Do you prefer simple or more complex makep?
10. What’s one beauty product you could live without? ( ie, lipstick, eyeshadow, foundation, etc.)
Thanks for reading, and thank you for the nomination Emma!