In my last post I reviewed the Benefit Cosmetics Bad Gal Lash mascara and I’ve been using a new brand since putting that bottle to rest. It can be hard to find a mascara that works for you when there are so many differences in quality, formula, and applicator wands. While I can’t answer the question of what mascara you should be using, I can break down the ones I have personally tried.
I received a travel sized Estee Lauder Sumptuous Knockout Mascara in my Topbox Subscription last month (you can check out the post here). It arrived just in time when my Bad Gal Lash was about to expire and who wants expired bacteria filled mascara amirite?
- Brush is thin with precise bristles to fan and separate lashes. This may not be a pro for some of you if you prefer a “fluffier” brush, but I’m all for it
- One to two coats is all you need
- Doesn’t smudge or flake as the day goes on
- Removes easily when you are ready to take it off
- Strong smell
- The product doesn’t coat the wand evenly, especially if the bottle has been laying on it’s side in your makeup bag
- Not as much lift in the lashes as the product claims
My Rating: 4.5/5
Nothing is ever perfect, but I was impressed with this sample and I’m not even really a mascara girl. The full price of this product is $27.50 which is more than I’m personally willing to shell out for a mascara but I will absolutely use up this travel size.
Have you tried this mascara? Let me know what you use in the comments below! Thanks for visiting my little space of the internet, if you enjoyed this post please like/comment/follow this blog! You can also find me at these links on Instagram & Twitter!