I picked up Sephora’s 8 Hour Mattifying foundation back in February and I’m finally calling it empty. I keep trying to scrape out the last little bit but I seem to be losing the battle. I’m not really a full face foundation girl. I prefer lighter coverage for every day use. I find it so much easier to just brush this on than to bother fully blending liquid foundation, unless I’m going out for a big event.
My Skin Type: Combination, Dry
Price: $25 CAD
- Compact comes with a mirror and sponge applicator
- Lots of different shades to match with your complexion. I’m using 06 Beige and it matches perfectly. Does anyone else hate when foundations/bb creams only come in Light, Medium, and Dark? What the heck! Our skin tones are not that generic!
- Doesn’t cake or look powdery
- Evens out skin tone
- Matte finish. I use Aveeno SPF30 Sunscreen on my face every day and this instantly gets rid of the shine.
- The product doesn’t last very long in the pan. I started hitting the bottom of the pan within a month and half and I wasn’t even using it every day
- Depending on what you want from your foundation keep in mind that this is light coverage. You will still need a concealer for anything you might want to cover up
- This foundation will soften the look of blemishes and imperfections but not cover them
- Doesn’t last for 8 Hours as claimed. On an average day this lasts maybe 6 hours
My Rating: 3.5/5
As much as I have enjoyed using this product, I can definitely get a similar drugstore powder for less. I must say that I was impressed they had a shade that actually matched me though!
What’s your favourite foundation and do you prefer powder or liquid? Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post please give my little space of internet some love and follow this blog, it would be much appreciated! You can also find me on Instagram & Twitter!