I’ve been wanting to try out NYX’s Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks ever since NYX came to my little part of Canada. Unfortunately they weren’t in stock when I went looking until recently. I finally picked up the shade Ruffle Trim on my break last Friday.
These lipsticks are all neutral to nude tones which dress up your lips just a little bit. I find them great for that “no makeup” look and they also pair well with a dramatic eye.
- Opaque in one Swipe. I apply a layer on my bottom lip and then rub my lips together and fill in any sparse areas with the applicator. The opacity goes a long way.
- No feathering.
- Lasts up to 8 hours without eating, and when it does fade from food and drink it doesn’t smear all over your face and look patchy.
- $9-$10 CAD! Compared to other liquid lipsticks this is a steal.
- Doesn’t Transfer.
- Sticky when drying. I find for at least twenty minutes my lips stick together slightly if I don’t keep them parted.
- Drying. This is true with just about any matte formula. I apply a clear lip balm underneath the application and on top of it once it has dried.
- The applicator wand is a bit awkward in my opinion. It’s long and squashed and you need to hold it sideways unlike a doe foot applicator.
- Needs a reapplication after eating.
My rating: 4.5/5
I like the formula but I wish it was able to withstand meals as I am constantly snacking and drinking throughout the day. For $10 you can’t go wrong if you are looking for a nude lip!
Have you tried NYX Lip Lingerie and what’s your favourite liquid lipstick? Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post please click those like & follow buttons. You can also find me on Instagram & Twitter! ❤