I’ve been wanting to try out NYX’s Lip Lingerie liquid lipsticks ever since NYX came to my little part of Canada. Unfortunately they were never in stock when I went looking until recently. I finally picked up the shade Ruffle Trim on my break on Friday.
These lipsticks are all neutral to nude tones which dress up your lips just a little bit. I find them great for that “no makeup” look and they also pair well with a dramatic eye to give a bit of balance to the face.
- You only need one swipe to fully coat the lips. I apply a layer on my bottom lip and then rub my lips together and fill in any sparse areas with the applicator. The opacity goes a long way.
- No feathering.
- Lasts up to 8 hours without eating, and when it does fade from food and drink it does it doesn’t smear all over your face or look patchy.
- $9-$10!! Compared to other liquid lipsticks this is a steal. NYX is a mid ranged brand in terms of price and you get great quality for what you pay in my experience.
- Little to no transfer after drying.
- Sticky when drying. I find for at least twenty minutes my lips stick together slightly if I don’t keep them parted.
- Drying. This is true with just about any matte formula. I apply a clear lip balm underneath the application ad on top of it once it has dried.
- The applicator wand is a little bit awkward in my opinion. It’s long and squashed and you need to hold it sideways unlike a doe foot applicator.
- Needs a reapplication after eating.
My rating: 4.5/5
I like the formula but I wish it was able to withstand meals as I am constantly snacking and drinking throughout the day. For $10 you can’t go wrong if you are looking for a nude or neutral lip.
Have you tried the NYX Lip Lingerie and what’s your favourite liquid lipstick? Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this post please hit those like & follow buttons, and if you already have know that I appreciate each and every one of you who has taken the time to support my little space of the internet!! You mean the world! Remember you can also find me on Instagram & Twitter! ❤