Hey everyone, happy new year! I have a feeling that 2017 is going to be a good year. I don’t know why, it’s just a feeling that I have. I just like the sound of it. Twenty Seventeen.
I’ve been fighting off sickness since the end of December but I’m recovering. Bad things come in threes right? First I got a mild infection in my mouth which required antibiotics. I got better and then I got a sore throat and lost my voice. I wound up spending New Years Eve with my cats curled up in front of the Tv. I’m definitely a homebody and having a quiet night to myself really helped! I felt better the next morning. Yesterday, however, I woke up with a horrible cold. I called in sick to my job for the first time in three years. I spent my morning lying on the couch watching Frozen & Smallville and drinking tea & hot chocolate. Being sick sucks, but it’s nice to have an excuse to be totally unproductive in the name of healing!
Hopefully I got my sick days out of the way early so the rest of 2017 should be smooth sailing… right?? I woke up this morning feeling much better. Now that that’s almost out of the way it’s time to set goals for 2017!
- Followers: Reach 800 by the end of the year. Sometimes blogs explode in a matter of days or months but I’ve had a more slow and steady climb which has really been great! It means I get to know more of you and our community feels more connected!
- Get a dot com domain! I didn’t want to commit to one when I first started my blog a year ago because I wasn’t sure if blogging would stick but clearly it has. Now I’m looking for that next mini step!
- Behind the Scenes: Get a tripod for taking photos and maybe some photo lighting equipment!
- Network: Spend at least 15-20 minutes a day reading content from other bloggers and engaging. The blogging world is a wonderful community!
- Plan my content a month in advance: I was kind of doing this in a journal for half of the year and then life just got in the way. It’s time to get organized again!
- Review new subscription boxes: If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m obsessed with subscription boxes. Obsessed. I love having an outlet to share them and an excuse to sign up for more. “Oh sorry love, I know I shouldn’t have ordered more but it’s for the blog…so it’s kinda a necessity” =D
- Continue my fitness journey with 4-5 days of medium to intense exercise a week!
- Try something new like yoga classes, rock climbing, and a spin class!
- Start the new Fitness Blender program FB sweat in January 2017
- Try two new recipes a month!
- Eat clean. Begin cutting out sugar from my morning coffee.
- Stock my pantry with healthy food choices so I don’t fall back on fast food.
READING, WRITING & MUSIC GOALS
- Complete my Goodreads challenge of 29 books this year!
- Start working on my book again. Have a focused writing session at least once a week.
- Play my guitar at least once a week!
I’ve tried to make achievable goals. I’m not calling these resolutions because honestly I find “resolutions” set me up for failure. With a goal I find I’m not filled with self doubt and pity if I mess up. This year I really just want to live my life and enjoy the things I have and people around me. I wasted a lot of time in the vast abyss of the internet last year and I don’t want to make the same mistake. It’s so easy to waste time when you could be reading a book, trying that new recipe, Writing that blog post, going for a walk with your significant other, or even playing a video game!