I’m sitting at my computer drinking tea right now. Unfortunately my year got off to a rough start. I’ve been fighting a sore throat/infection/head cold for about two weeks now. It’s been a while since I’ve posted any makeup of the days or looks and that’s because my eyes are totally blood shot from the cold and I have a cold sore that just won’t go away… not pretty! All part of being human I guess.
Before I got sick I received a mini Ciaté Liquid Velvet Lipstick in the shade Pin Up from my December Ipsy bag! I’ve been wanting to review it but I tried to wait until my complexion was back to normal to post lip swatches. I kept getting ill on and off again so I decided to just write the review. No lip swatches today, you’ll get an arm swatch instead!
Initial thoughts: I normally go for pinks ands reds and I thought this would be more towards the pink spectrum. The bottle isn’t as tall as other liquid lipsticks but I like having a smaller size because it takes me ages to use up a lipstick. The writing is silver and shiny, pretty cute but incredibly hard to photograph! #beautybloggerproblems
- Pigmented! Opaque in one swipe.
- More of a Berry than a pink. It has more purple hues than I noticed from looking at the bottle and it’s quite flattering. I loved it when I was blonde and even with dark hair it’s lovely.
- Comfortable. It’s more of a mousse than a lip stain so it remains feeling creamy even once dried.
- Not transfer proof. This is a lipstick that you wear when you aren’t planning on eating or drinking much throughout the night, and especially not kissing someone unless you want to look like a hot mess. Even a quick peck on the cheek transfers and then I’m left trying to sneakily rub it off of my husbands face without him noticing!
- Applicator wand. It’s an odd shape for me. I prefer deerfoot applicators but this is more of a triangular/diamond shaped applicator.
My Rating: 3/5
Even though I like how comfortable this lipstick is and how gorgeous it looks the transferability is a big issue for me. I am constantly eating and drinking my caffeine fix(es) so transfering all over the cup is annoying. And lipstick stains on the collar are tacky! I need a lipstick that will last and unfortunately this isn’t it.
Have you tried Ciaté Liquid Velvet and what’s your favourite shade?
Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this post please like this post and follow this blog so you won’t miss anything! Remember you can also find me on Instagram & Twitter as well, leave your insta below and I’ll follow back ❤