I’ve been trying to wear less makeup, or at least do more natural makeup for summer. For me this means no thick eyeliner or bright lips, because it’s just so hot out that I can’t be bothered to do a full face and have it melt right off. Since I’ve forgone the eyeliner, I’ve been using more mascara to give my eyes that wide awake look.
In the Spring 2017 Luxebox I received a deluxe sample of Benefit’s They’re Real! Tinted Eyelash Primer. It can be used to prime the eyelashes, or worn on it’s own for what Benefit calls a “feathery, natural look.” I’m a big fan of the feathery yet natural looking lashes. I’ve never worn fake eyelashes. They look gorgeous on some girls, but I don’t really have much confidence in my ability to apply them and have them look nice. I also never wore mascara growing up.
- The wand is the best! I prefer skinnier wands as opposed to the giant fluffy ones like Benefit’s Bad Gal Lash mascara wand. The wand gives a lot of separation to my eyelashes.
- Doesn’t clump
- Tinted brown formula is perfect for giving definition while still looking natural on it’s own. Pictured above on it’s own.
- Doesn’t seem to extend the wear of my regular mascara, or really change the look of it. Pictured above with my Smashbox mascara layered on top.
- Doesn’t add a lot of lasting curl on it’s own.
- $31 Full Sized, $16 Travel Sized.
Final Verdict? I like this primer/mascara, but I don’t really like wearing it for layering. I like wearing it on it’s own for a tiny bit of definition and length, but for the price I’m not convinced it’s worth it. I would definitely use it again if I got it in a subscription box, but I wouldn’t go out and buy it myself.
Have you tried Benefit They’re Real! Tinted Lash Primer? Thank you again for reading, if you enjoyed this post please leave a comment below and remember to like and follow! You can find me on Instagram!