Hey beauties! While getting ready for vacation I realized that I needed a new foundation. I have a BB cream that I’m planning on taking with me so I wanted something affordable that I could use in the meantime to save the BB for the trip! I decided on a bottle of Maybelline Fit Me Hydrate + Smooth in the shade 110 Porcelain. Well, does Maybelline fit me?
According to Maybelline
What it is
Maybelline’s smoothing concentrate hydrates rough patches leaving skin with a naturally luminous finish.
Ideal for normal to oily skin, our exclusive formula with micro-powders controls shine and blurs pores. Leaves a natural, seamless finish.
Packaging: I find the packaging very attractive — The glass bottle has a satisfying weight to it and the labelling is concise without being flashy. Aside from looks, the bottle isn’t very functional in my opinion. The lid unscrews and the user has to tilt the bottle upside down to get the product out. I find it hard to dispense the proper amount of foundation and often end up with way too much. For glass bottle packaging I really think this product needs a pump.
- Attractive Packaging
- Normal to Dry Skin (There’s a Matte + Poreless version for normal to oily skin!)
- Blends Easily
- Affordably Priced A 1oz bottle retails for $10.99CAD (I got mine on sale for $6.99)
- Shade Selection This foundation comes in 16 shades
- Buildable You can get a good medium coverage out of this foundation. I try not to apply too much or it will look cakey
- Contains SPF 18 According to the website that is, the bottle does not mention SPF
- No Pump Dispenser
- Not “Dewy” The online description said this foundation has a “naturally luminous finish”, so I expected it to look dewier on the skin
- Chemical Smell Fit Me smells like paint to me! I mean, it kind of is in a way, but still.
- Hard to blend Bronzer and Blush I find it hard to blend my bronzers and blushes on top of Fit Me. Even if I tap out my brush the powder just wants to stick to the formula.
Does it Fit Me?
Overall I think the pros out weight the cons. The formula applies well, and since the formula is a fast running liquid I don’t have problems getting it out of the bottle. A pump would be a great addition though! Although I like the way it photographs I feel like I only have “okay” makeup days when wearing Fit Me Hydrate + Smooth. It probably has something to do with how everything blends together after applying brush, bronzer and highlight.
That being said, it’s a good drugstore alternative to pricier foundations. I will continue to wear Fit Me for work and ordinary makeup days while saving my more expensive products for when I need to take it up a notch!
What’s your favourite drugstore foundation? Thanks for reading, let me know your thoughts on Maybelline Fit Me and remember to like & subscribe! I’m on Instagram & Twitter. Comment your usernames below — I’ll follow back ❤