Welcome back to my blog! This post is long overdue, I’ve been using an Aurora Eyeliner Pen since February and I’m only just writing about it now. It got me out of the habit of just using eyeshadow as a liner. I love how soft of a look eyeshadow can create but when I’m wanting to be a bit more dramatic or don’t have the time for a full face of makeup eyeliner pens are the way to go.
I ended up snagging this with 250 Ipsy points as a bonus to my February Ipsy bag but it retails for $12US. It’s been on sale for months though at $7.99.
- Rich pigmentation.
- Long lasting, 8-12 hours of wear providing I’m not rubbing my eyes at all.
- Not waterproof but it doesn’t smudge easily either.
- Pen style is easy to use for beginners. It’s pretty difficult to make a mistake.
- Removes easily with regular eye makeup remover.
- Applying over eyeshadow after a few weeks will cause build up on the tip making it hard to apply evenly. I need to rub it against my arm or hand to get the product flowing again when this happens.
- WILL dry up if you don’t close the lid properly. Make sure you close it all the way!
My Rating: 4/5
I have yet to find the perfect eyeliner, but I really like this $7.99 liner. I wish eyeshadow didn’t cake up the pen, it can be a bit tedious to apply after while but I have been using this for four months pretty regularly so it may just be time for a new one.
Have you tried Aurora Cosmetics, and what’s your favourite eyeliner? Thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this post please go on ahead and click those follow and like buttons! You can also find me at these links on Instagram & Twitter!