Hello everyone! I have a review today featuring one of my favourite affordable skincare brands, Good Molecules. I’ve been very impressed with Good Molecules since the very first time I tried them last year. They’ve been very generously sending PR packages my way so I can try their new releases, and I’ve been working to get those reviews up for you guys. Recently Good Molecules sent over their Pineapple Exfoliating Powder.
Please keep in mind that these products were gifted to me, but I was in no way required to post this review. I enjoyed the product so I wanted to share it on my blog! All opinions are my own, and this post is not sponsored.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through my links and make a purchase I will make a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Good Molecules Pineapple Exfoliating Powder Review
The Pineapple Exfoliating Powder from Good Molecules retails for $16USD and contains 60g of product. The powder is formulated with Vitamin C, fruit enzymes and rice powder to brighten, soften & gently exfoliate.
Good Molecules is Cruelty Free as well as vegan. Their products are simple & easy to understand, and can be found on their website and Beautylish.
Interested in more Good Molecules Reviews? Check these out:
- Good Molecules Brand Review
- Good Molecules Rosewater Cleansing Gel Review
- Good Molecules Brand Spotlight
What it does
When mixed with water the Good Molecules Pineapple Exfoliating Powder creates a paste which can then be used to gently exfoliate the skin. The texture from the powder lends itself to gentle physical exfoliation and the fruit enzymes, including bromelain from pineapples, chemically exfoliates. The end result is brighter, smoother, more radiant skin.
Good Molecules packaging is always beautiful. It doesn’t look extra luxurious or expensive, but the tinted apothecary style jars add a certain sophistication. I love the colorful labels, my skincare shelf looks so vibrant with all my Good Molecules products!
I personally love the idea of a powder exfoliant. For one, it makes the product last longer. The best before date is listed as two years from the date the product is opened, instead of the usual one year on most beauty products.
A sturdy cap keeps the product sealed, and there is a small circular opening to dispense the product that prevents too much powder from being dumped out.
- Customized level of exfoliation. The powder can be diluted with more water if it’s too harsh on your skin, and likewise for a stronger exfoliation just use less water.
- Gentle on the skin.
- A combination of physical & chemical exfoliant.
- Skin looks brighter & healthier
- You can get a stronger exfoliation by adding less water, but this isn’t a strong exfoliant. If you’re used to higher concentrations of AHA & BHA this might not be enough for you.
- Application is a little messier than a cream or liquid exfoliant. It takes more time to use and I sometimes lose some of the powder while mixing with water.
- Doesn’t smell like pineapples. In fact it has no detectable smell, which might actually be a pro for some people!
I really like the Good Molecules Pineapple Exfoliating Powder! After destroying my skin with a bad combo of retinol & BHA earlier this year I prefer to use gentle exfoliants over higher concentrations of acids. I can see some people not being into this for the messiness factor and because it’s not very strong. But if you just need something gentle that you can use every day or a couple times a week I think this is a great product.
Have you tried the Good Molecules Pineapple Exfoliating Powder?
Thanks for reading! I hope you’re having a great week, whether you’re still in quarantine or are back to work now. Stay Healthy, stay safe x Don’t forget to follow me on social media @alwayscleia!