Hey everyone! I’ve decided to add a new monthly series to my blog for 2018. For Christmas I received the 52 Lists Project, a book by Moorea Seal full of list prompts and calls to action for how to transform yourself throughout the year. I’ve taken about ten minutes each week to complete my list and I’ve found some of the prompts so therapeutic to write. Without further ado, lets check out the first four lists of 2018, my January 52 lists project complilation!
*Note: This post contains affiliate links
January 52 Lists Project #1:
List Your Goals And Dreams for This Year
I wrote a blog post about this one actually, so completing this list wasn’t all that difficult. I already wrote a full in depth goal post for 2018, but I’ll summarize the big ones.
- Go Self Hosted and grow my blog to 2k
- Create a Media Kit
- Get Better at Smokey Eyes
- Continue Working Out 4-5 Days a week
- Cook 2+ New Recipes a Month
- Open an RRSP
- Play Guitar Once a Week
- Finish the first draft of my Fantasy Novel
- Purchase a Canon T6i
- (NEW) Start a YouTube Channel after acquiring T6i!
“Call To Action: What is the first step towards achieving your biggest goal? Pick one thing you can do this week and get started!”
My first step towards my goals was creating a media page which you can see on my disclaimer page Here. I have been working out, trying new recipes, and writing lots in January!
January 52 Lists Project #2:
List Your Favourite Characters From Books, Movies, Etc.
Reading is one of my favourite things to do, my challenge for this year is to read 25 books! I typically read books that are a minimum of 350 pages and can go up to 1000, so 25 I have learned is my maximum. I’ll list my top picks, the list I wrote in the book went on for a while.
- Night Eyes: Appears for the first time in Robin Hobb’s Farseer Trilogy
- Malta: Appears for the first time in Robin Hobb’s Liveship Traders Trilogy
- Motley & Bee: Appears for the first time in Robin Hobb’s Fitz & The Fool Trilogy
- Arya Stark: George RR Martin’s A Song Of Ice & Fire
- Egwene: Robert Jordan’s Wheel Of Time
- Vin: Brandon Sanderson’s Mistborn Trilogy
- Kaladin: Brandon Sanderson’s Stormlight Archive
- Tavi & Kitai: Jim Bitcher’s Codex Alera
- Merin & Arthur: TV Show Merlin
“Call To Action: Find a common personality trait between your favourite characters. What is one character trait that you admire in your favourite Characters that you can work towards this week?”
All of my characters are strong willed and scrappy in a fight (the ones who do fight). I love characters who are crafty and find intricate solutions to problems and I also admire their loyalty. I can work on being craftier! Recently I learned made my own fondant for the first time recently while trying to make a lego birthday cake for a friend. The cake was a mess but I had never made fondant before and it helped the cake to not look like a monster. So now I have a new skill, fondant baking! haha
January 52 Lists Project List #3:
List the Happiest Moments In Your Life
I know that there are memories that were my typical “happiest moments”, but I wanted to find something deeper than the obvious ones (aka my wedding day)
- Getting Accepted into my Universities Music Program for Jazz Guitar
- Singing and playing guitar at my high school graduation. I sang “Everchanging” by Rise Against
- When Mike asked me out on our first date
- When Mike got accepted into Post Secondary after a long and arduous battle to get the school to check his updated transcript after upgrading (for TWO YEARS they were looking at his old marks and passing him over.)
- Hiking to the top of Rainbow Mountain in Peru!
- Meeting Ion & Quantum as kittens at the SPCA for the first time when we adopted them and taking them home (separate occasions)
- Playing Final Fantasy 9 when we first got it and redoing the swordfight scene at the begining until I had 100% approval from the crowd (have to play it to understand!)
- Learning my tumor was benign and not cancerous in 8th grade. Both my Mom & I cried in the exam room.
January 52 Lists Project List #4:
List the Soundtrack Of Your Life Right Now
This one was also hard for me! The music that I listen to changes on a daily basis. I used to be very into heavy metal and punk music but I find I’ve branched out a little bit in the past few years. Less angst I guess, though I still enjoy my favourite rock bands! I was in a bit of a mood the day I wrote my list, sometimes I just feel melancholy and the music I listen to reflects that. Here’s a snapshot!
- Wonderwall: Oasis
- Love’s Just A Feeling: Lindsey Stirling
- Audience of One: Rise Against
- Skinny Love: Bon Iver
- Something Wild: Lindsey Stirling
- Setting Sail, Coming Home: Off the Bastion Soundtrack by Darren Korb
- Zzyzx Rd.: Stone Sour
- Holding On To You: Twenty One Pilots
Sitting down to complete each of these lists felt really good. I’m one of those people who makes a million to do lists on sticky notes that you can find lying around my house and in my purse, so I really enjoyed sitting down to journal out some lists that aren’t things I have “to do”. The Favourite Characters list was my favourite to write, and it got me thinking about a tattoo I’ve designing for myself (in my head) for over a year based off of the Robin Hobb books!
Are you a list writer?
As always, thank you guys so much for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed reading a post that is a little bit more personal for me. Please like & subscribe!