It’s been so long since I’ve written an awards post! I’ve been so busy writing reviews and focusing on my instagram that awards have kind of just slipped through the cracks. To all the lovely people who have nominated me for an award of any sort, I really, truly do appreciate it and I apologize that it’s taken me so long to start catching up on them. I’m going to recap some of the nominations that have recently passed me by. If I missed yours I apologize, I’m quite behind!
Since all of these awards require nominations I’ve chosen a few blogs in general, please feel free do do whichever tag you like, or none at all (no pressure!).
I was nominated for a liebster award by Paula who blogs over at Flaw Decay. Please check out her blog, her makeup artistry is amazing and she’s also going cruelty free! Yas!
- You must acknowledge who has nominated you and also share their links
- Share 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions that you have been asked
- Nominate 11 more bloggers whose blog you would recommend
- Ask 11 questions that you would like those bloggers to answer
- Let the bloggers you have nominated know that they’ve been nominated.
11 Facts About Me:
- I have two cats
- I’m 25
- My favourite ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip
- I dislike country music
- I’ve worked out with Fitness Blender 4-5 days a week for the past 3.5 years
- I’ve lived in six different houses/apartments
- I’m an Introvert
- Lindsey Stirling is at the top of my playlist these days
- I spend on average 30 hours a week working on my blog
- I dream of starting a YouTube channel this year…
Paula’s Questions For Me:
- Favorite drugstore lip product?
Nyx Lip Lingerie
- What is the one beauty product you always repurchase?
- Matte or dewy skin?
- When did you start wearing makeup?
When I was 12, but only eyeliner and a bit of eyeshadow. I started upping my makeup game when I started this blog at 23.
- How long do you take to get ready in the morning?
It depends. Most of the time I work later in the day so I give myself 30-40 minutes to drink my coffee and go through my skincare & makeup routines. If I’m rushed I compress it down to 10 minutes.
- A beauty product that you want to buy.
I REALLY want to purchase a set of Morphe brushes!
- Who inspires you?
All the bloggers I read on wordpress!
- If you could only buy palettes from one brand, which one would it be?
- Do you like face masks? Favourite?
Yes, my favourite right now is the Origins Original Skin mask.
- Last beauty product that you bought?
I just ordered the ColourPop Give It To Me Straight Palette.
- What’s the best gift someone could give you?
Their time. It means the world to me when people actively try to make plans with me. A lot of my friends don’t take the time anymore and I’ve felt like I’ve been pursuing a lot of one sided friendships. When someone is asking me to get coffee I notice.
- What’s your favourite paper night routine?
- What’s your a favourite place to shop?
- Online or In-store shopping?
- Favourite Animal
- What TV shows are you watching right now?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Dream Vacation?
- Coffee or Tea (or neither?)
- What is your favourite skincare product?
- What is your favourite makeup product?
Versatile Blogger Award
I was nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award by Sarah from Vintage Tea Rose. This girl takes the most beautiful photos and is really sweet so please show her blog some love <3 Thanks so much Sarah!
- Thank the person who gave you this award and link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- List 7 things about yourself
You guys are getting ALL the facts about me today! Here’s 7 more things about me:
I play guitar, both electric and acoustic
I went to university for a specialty jazz music program
I’ll take android over ios every time.
I play video games
I’ve been to four countries and two continents
I go to the greenhouse with my mom each year to buy flowers for our patios
I want to adopt a third kitten Ion & Quantum can have a sister kitty.
Mystery Blogger Award
Melina nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award! Melina blogs at MelinaElisa and she’s the best! I feel like I’ve been friends with her forever when we chat across each other’s blogs. I love reading her book reviews, travel posts and bullet journal spreads. I’ve told my husband on several occasions when scrolling through instagram, “look! That’s my friend from New York!” It’s crazy how we all can become connected through social media.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominator.
- Nominate 10 or more people
- Notify your nominees
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice, with one weird or funny question.
Three (more) Things About Me
- I don’t like spiders.
- My favourite makeup brand is currently ColourPop
- I have an older and a younger brother.
Melina’s Questions For Me:
1. Who do you live with?
My husband and two dapper cats.
2. If you could have lunch with anyone in the world, who would it be and why?Brandon Sanderson because his books inspire me
3. What is the difference between your blogging persona and offline persona?
My blogging persona is a lot more outgoing. I find it easier to build relationships with others online rather than face to face. I’m an introvert and I have this annoying tendency to assume that if someone talks to be they are actually speaking to someone else or that I’ being judged. I love how inclusive the blogging community is and I feel I can be my best self when I interact with people from behind a computer.
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Probably follow/unfollowers or manipulative comments (comments that guilt you into following). I’ve been thinking about writing a “blogger etiquette” post but I wasn’t sure if that would come off as too passive aggressive xD
5. What/who is the biggest love of your life?Aside from the obvious choice, my husband, I would have to say music. And Cats!
- Do you prefer to use a laptop or desktop computer
- Red or White Wine?
- What inspires you to blog?
- What is your favourite social media to use?
- Do You Like Green Eggs & Ham? (Hey, it said I needed a weird question!)
Nova from SuperNovaBeautyBlog recently nominated me for the Unique Blogger Award! Thank you so much Nova! If you guys aren’t following this lovely lady please go check out her blog, her makeup looks are stunning, and her Palette Roulette series is one of my favourites to read each week 🙂
- Answer all the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you
- Share the link of the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 8 to 13 bloggers for the same award
- Ask 3 questions
Nova’s questions for me are:
- What movie can you watch over and over without ever getting tired of?
Frozen! I’m such a child, I know. Frozen is hands down one of my favourite movies of all time. Whenever I have to take a sick day at work I make myself feel better by curling up on the couch with slippers and a blanket and sniffling along to the movie
- What are your most important rules when going on a date?
NO CELLPHONES. Unless we’re taking a picture of something cool, but then it has to go away. My husband is constantly chatting with friends and family so when we’re going out I’m very stubborn about the cellphone rule. Put it away!
- What “old person” things do you do?
ALL THE THINGS! I shake my head at the music “kids these days” are listening to. I keep a strict budget, stay in most of the time instead of going out on weekends, I knit scarves, and I’ve slowly watched my old friend circle shrink as I’ve gotten older (I’m only 25, but I’d definitely the old lady of the old group).
For my questions I’m using the same as the award above. Choose any three!
Thank you so much to all the bloggers that have nominated me. I know this post doesn’t cover them all, but I really do appreciate all of your nominations! Nominees please feel free to do any of these awards if you guys have time and check out some new blogs! Thanks for reading x