I picked up the Sephora 8 Hour Mattifying foundation in February and I’m finally calling it empty. I keep trying to scrape out the last little bit but I seem to be losing the battle. I’m not really a full face foundation girl, I prefer lighter coverage for every day use. I find it easier to brush this on than to bother fully blending liquid foundation, unless I’m going out for a big event.
My Skin Type: Combination, Dry
Price: $25 CAD
- Compact comes with a mirror and sponge applicator
- Many different shades to match with your complexion. I’m using 06 Beige and it matches perfectly. Does anyone else hate when foundations/bb creams only come in Light, Medium, and Dark? What the heck! Skin tones are not that generic!
- Doesn’t cake or look powdery
- Evens out skin tone
- Matte finish. I use Aveeno SPF30 Sunscreen on my face every day and this powder foundation instantly gets rid of the shine.
- Doesn’t last very long in the pan. I started hitting pan within a month and half and I wasn’t even using it every day
- Depending on what you want from your foundation keep in mind that this is light coverage. You will still need a concealer for anything you might want to cover up
- Doesn’t last for 8 Hours as claimed. On an average day this lasts maybe 6 hours
My Rating: 3.5/5
As much as I have enjoyed using this product, I can definitely get a similar drugstore powder for less. I must say that I was impressed they had a shade that actually matched me though!
Have you Tried Sephora 8 HR Mattifying Foundation?