Hey lovelies, welcome back to my blog! Today’s post is a review of Tarte Aquacealer. Hopefully you guys aren’t sick of reviews, but if you are let me know if you’d like to see some lifestyle and beauty posts that aren’t review based. This one is going to be short and (hopefully) sweet!
I was shopping for concealers in November when I saw that Sephora had a sale on Tarte Aquacealer Concealer. It regularly retails for $31CAD and was discounted to $15 so I couldn’t say no! I added it to my cart as well as a few Christmas gifts and I also qualified for a free deluxe sample bag with my Cyber Monday Order. Yay!
Tarte Aquacealer At A Glance
A lightweight, 12-hour concealing serum offering buildable, medium coverage with skin-soothing benefits.
Tarte Aquacealer Concealer is part of Tarte’s Rainforest Of The Sea Collection and retails for $31CAD ($26USD) at Tarte & Sephora. Aquacealer Concealer comes in 12 different shades and contains “concentrated levels of pigments suspended in deep conditioning serum made up of 20 percent water” to hydrate the skin.
- Pretty Packaging – The bottle is frosted glass with gold lettering and a gold/purple lid
- Doe foot applicator
- Blends easily
- Doesn’t Oxidize
- Hydrating finish (not matte, but not “dewy” either)
- Doesn’t Crease
- Wears at least 8 hours on me
- Applicator wand is stiff – It’s not gentle applying the giant doe foot to my under eye area, I would have preferred a more flexible wand. I find it easiest to roll the wand along my under eye area instead of dragging the wand.
- The applicator wand is a doe foot, but it’s also giant which makes it hard to conceal precisely without using a concealer brush.
- I got the wrong shade! This could be just me, but I find it hard to colour match online and got a shade a little bit too pink.
- Coverage can be built to medium under my eyes, but it’s on the lighter side when i try to conceal blemishes. I feel like I get the best results using this concealer solely for my under eye circles as opposed to covering acne spots.
I was over the moon that I was able to pick up this concealer for 50% off. I’m happy with my purchase, but I know that if I had spend full price at $31CAD I would have been disappointed. I expected to get fuller coverage on blemishes than I do with this concealer, and though it blends out nicely to cover my under eye circles I find the wand awkward to use. I like that this concealer doesn’t feel drying on my skin, but right now I prefer ColourPop’s No Filter Concealer even though it’s a matte formula (reviewed HERE!) And the CP concealer is $6USD so it’s a no-brainer. This won’t be a repurchase but I don’t hate it and will be finishing the bottle.
Have you tried Tarte Aquacealer Concealer?
As always, thanks for reading! Let me know what beauty products you’d like to see reviewed next. Remember to like & subscribe!